The other great thing about earning money online is you can do it by offering either a product or a service that fits your particular skill set. There are absolutely no limits to what you can do, but because the options are so vast it can be difficult making a start.
In this article, I’m going to outline 6 different ways that you can earn money online starting right now (and it doesn’t include answering those poxy online surveys).
1. Selling craft on FacebookI bet you probably have a bunch of friends on Facebook and it’s likely they have a bunch of other friends too. Leveraging this friend base is a really simple way to get your products seen, so why not take advantage of it? If you take great photos, make cards, clothes or other crafty things, then you already have a ready product to offer.
Creating a shopfront in Facebook is as simple as creating a page with lots of images of your wares and descriptions of each including prices. The best part about this is that your friends can very easily share your page with their friends and so on from there. There really is no telling where it could end up.
If things start to take off, you could then look at a dedicated website of your own. If you do decide to use a Facebook page to begin with, it is always a more professional approach to use a custom email address (like email@example.com) as a contact. You can set up email hosting to do just that for a very small cost from places like 123-reg and it helps add credibility to your business.
2. Offering a service on FiverrIf you aren’t familiar with Fiverr, then you better get over there for a look (right after you finish here of course). This global market place will let you set up shop and sell your product or service for five dollars (although you can value add to a base product and charge more).
This is a super easy way to earn money online if you have a unique offering or skill that is in demand. There is no limit to what you can potentially offer and you can respond to requests from buyers as well. Five dollars may not sound like a lot of money, but there are people making some serious cash this way. Worst case scenario, it might give you some ideas about what you can do to make money online.
3. Writing product reviewsIf you like reading reviews and finding out about the latest products, then you might like to try writing a few yourself. Squidoo will let you set up a free lens (website page) around a topic of your choice, if done well these mini sites can earn you a nice little royalty for the work you have done.
The best thing about this money making method is that it is scalable. Once you get familiar with the format and they kinds of things people are looking for online, you can make more pages and increase your earnings.
4. Developing your own training courseDo you have ninja-like skills in a particular area? It can be anything at all really, because if it is useful to you it will likely be useful to others. Udemy is a great online resource for learners, but it can be a fantastic way to earn money for clever instructors as well.
This website will let you create a training course around a topic of your choice, then do the marketing for you. Once you have completed the work, the course runs on auto pilot and you get to collect a fee each time someone enrols.
5. Freelance servicesIf you are good at writing, designing, coding, marketing or administration then you might like to try your hand over at Odesk or Elance. Both sites have a ton of jobs on offer in all kinds of skill areas, which means there is probably something to suit you.
The best part about these freelance sites is that your reputation will grow as you successfully finish more jobs and you can set your own price when you bid on new projects. If you have had any previous experience consulting or doing contract work in the past, then this could be right up your alley.
6. Starting your own blogBlogs can be incredibly successful if managed correctly and earn you a lot of money online. Depending on the route you want to take, you can make money using any of the methods listed above with your own blog, but sometimes it can take a little longer to get things up and running.
Owning your own online business, including your own piece of online real estate is incredibly rewarding. This may be something that you are happy to work towards over time, or something you want to do right away. Either way, having ultimate control over everything means fewer surprises in the long run.
How are you going to leverage the internet and earn money online?